Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) and Token Sales are one way to acquire digital tokens for interacting with blockchcain systems. However they can also be a form of hisk investment. Before making any investments it is always important to perform your own due dilligence. In addition to standard warnings it can also be beneficial to read up on the official guidance from your local jurisdiction.
Below you can find relevant guidance from several regulatory bodies around the world…
- “Cryptocurrency Offerings”
Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA)
- “China’s ICO Ban: A Full Translation of Regulator Remarks”
Chinese CIRC Statement Translated by CoinDesk
- “DFSA Issues General Investor Statement on Cryptocurrencies”
Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA)
- “Russia’s Central Bank Issues Warning on Cryptocurrencies and ICOs”
Russian Central Bank Statement Translated by CoinDesk
- “Consumer warning about the risks of Initial Coin Offerings (‘ICOs’)”
United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- “Investor Alert: Bitcoin and Other Virtual Currency-Related Investments”
United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
If you’ve come across guidance you think should be included on this page get in touch.